Saturday, April 14, 2012

ELA Test Prep: Break Homework #1

One student blog post that I enjoyed reading was Alli’s response to The Morganville Vampires. I enjoyed it for many reasons because it was overall a very good and interesting post. I feel like Alli introduced her post well because she gave a thought provoking opening paragraph about the main topic of life not being fair. She included questions to engage the reader (me). Which I think was an interesting way to start a post. Also in her introduction she gave her opinion on the topic of not always being fair, which brought up some pretty interesting points that I agreed with. The second thing that I liked about Alli’s blog post was her poem. Mostly I liked her format, in every stanza she started off “if life…” and it was kind of like a cause and affect type poem because it explained what life would be like for example if was easy. I thought that was really interesting aspect of her poem. It added creativity into her poem.

Another student blog post that I enjoyed reading was Eliza’s response on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Not only because I’m a huge Harry Potter fan but also because she made me think of Ron and Harry’s relationship in a different way. Eliza brought up how the two friends both have their misfortunes, but they have different misfortunes, like for example Harry has no family and Ron does but Harry is rich and Ron is poor. I knew all of those things but most of the time I never really thought in depth about it. Which Eliza in this blog post. Another thing that I liked about Eliza’s blog post was how she ended off her blog post she communicates with her readers and it sort of like the discussion questions at the end of a book. Which I thought was clever and added a nice touch to her blog post.

By reading Alli’s and Eliza’s blog posts I will improve on my own blog posts by maybe using the technique Alli used by having an introduction paragraph. That includes questions or opinions because it’s a great way to engage your readers. Another way I’m going to try to improve my reading responses is by using the blog post topic that compares and contrasts two different characters. Both Alli& Eliza’s reading responses were thought provoking. In the future I will try to make my blog posts more thought- provoking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment