Friday, November 25, 2011

The Mysterious 2nd Narrator

            In my book Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz. There are two different narrators. The first narrator speaks mostly throughout the book so far and the story in her point of view. The first narrator is Camelia the main character she tells things as they happen. The second narrator doesn’t have many pages in the book and sometimes the chapters in his or her point of view is less than a full page. The way the 2nd narrator speaks as if they were writing in like a diary or a jornal. At first I thought the second narrator was ben because it seemed to be the most logical person. For example the after the first chapter when Ben saved Camelia's life the 2nd Narrator starts talking. So I figured that Ben had to be the second narrator. Now that I'm getting deeper into the I've strayed from my belief that Ben is the second narrator.
        
The reason why I no longer think that ben is the second narrator is because, when Camelia's stalker tears the pajamas that he had bought for her and left in her room, she asked ben why he had ripped up her gift. Ben was clueless about the pajamas and them being ripped. So now I think that the 2nd narrator is Matt who is a guy that Camelia is friends with and he used to be in love with her.

What leads me to believe that Matt is the 2nd narrator is that right after Matt and Camelia meet in the lab when she is looking up information about Ben and the murder he'd been accused of  and then Matt the next time he's mentioned he brings Camelia information the 2nd narrator says She just wont listen. And so I've started my plan.I just hope she appreciates all my efforts---all my work to make her happy. Once and for all(pg 131)
This really represents the way Matt acts because when the book is in Camelias point of view he tries his best to get Camelias attention and he talks to her a lot and tries his hardest to make her like him, I think that he realizes that all that Camelia foucuses on is Ben and Matt believes that Ben is some kind of danger to her. Also Matt tells Camelia that she shouldn’t be hanging around  Ben. This really leads me to think that he's the 2nd narrator because the 2nd narrator talks about her talking to ben being bad  so it cant be ben and Matt also has the same opinion so its most likely that Matt is the mysterious 2nd Narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment